Friday, August 26, 2011

Fake roller coasters are just as freaky as the real thing....apparently.

Lake County Historical Museum
Wolly Mamoth!!!
So nothing interesting really happened today, yesterday however, while I was driving home from taking my youngest to her babysitters, I broke into a fit of hysterics thinking back to our vacation a few weeks ago.  It was nothing big really, we went to visit my brother and sister-in-law and their girls near Chicago. However, there were several amusing events that occured while there.

One day while there, my sister-in-law and I thought it would be neat to take the girls to the local museum.  There was an exhibit about the history of Lake County which was in a mini theatre type room. There were roller coaster seats set up in front of three 32 inch panoramic TVs.  We sit down to "enjoy" the movie, when the lights go out and the movie starts with a view from the front of a roller coaster.  My fear ridden children promptly began to freak out, all the while my two nieces are looking on with a look of horror and confusion.  The movie begins "taking us back" to prehistoric times and my youngest starts screaming, "I want to go back to our time!" while my oldest is saying, "I want outta here!". My SIN and I are laughing our asses off, (parent of the year, I know).  Then she pushes up the roller coaster bar and starts to get out of her seat and one of my nieces yells, "No! You can't get out! Sit down!" which causes us to laugh even harder. Because, really, what's going to happen? She'll fall off the roller coaster? WE AREN'T EVEN ON A ROLLER COSTER!!!!

Needless to say, they booked out of there faster that a virgin on prom night.  There was also a postcard exhibit, decorated oddly enough with a gigantic Paul Bunyon and Blue, which my youngest apparently is deathly afraid of.  She would, under no cirumstances, allow us to go into that exhibit.

Hmmm, well I guess Six Flags is out of the question...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a shout out...